Wednesday 28 October 2009

Some fun photo editing...

Hello again!
Today's post is going to showcase another couple looks of mine plus some wicked edited photos my moi, a few of which you have already seen (the halloween ones on yesterdays post). Although I don't have Photoshop on my computer, I use this cool website which some of you may have heard of called Picnik. You don't have to register and it
is really fun to play around with your photos. Just go to Picnik.com to try it out! So basically today is going to be mostly pictures with fewer words... So enjoy!


This is a look I created out of my two favourite dresses, not counting the yellow sequinned one that was in my last post.
One is a strapless stretchy one I found in a small shop in Paris a few years ago (called Justside) for about 115 euros. Over that I put
a Topshop one-shoulder top which on me is long enough to wear as a dress. The whole thing was belted with a pink chiffon scarf given to me by my best friend. The parasol is from my uncle in Hong Kong.
Go figure. Here's the original pic, just so you get an idea of the real colouring.


The strapless dress below is actually the main part of my halloween costume this year... you'll have to wait and see what it is though because I'm not giving it away until the day!
Another look:


This is one of my favourite looks of the 'season' -- funnily enough, a lot of what is worn in this picture is from an obscure little shop in Scotland, which is where my family is originally descended from.
The socks came with a kilt I bought when I was eight and the cable-knit sweater is something I have had forever and it is very useful in those cold, dismal months of, well, now. The belt is form Primark and came with a blouse that is now MY LIFE. When I bought the skirt it was actually a frilly blouse from a flea market. I tailored it into a really great skirt that I know wear a lot of the time. The bandanna I got from my Aunt in Pennsylvania.
And now for an item I have been lusting after for quite some time...
It seems I've been writing just as much as usual today, but I guess I can't help it, as some of the pictures aren't exactly self-explanatory. Oh well. Anyway...


This spectacular metallic backpack from American Apparel is going to be my back-to-school staple, whether I have the money or not. Not only is it big enough to hold all my heavy school books, it will definitely make a statement in the hallway, even paired with a school uniform (sigh). It also comes in pink for those with a girly side. I'll have to ask my mom for it as a birthday present --
By the way, my b-day is on the 12th of November. Save the date!
Hope you enjoyed today's post and I will be back soon...
Emma Christie
P.S. Comment!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have amazingg photography skills....no???
    Luv U and keep up the good work with the blog..its gr8
    Millie
    x

    ReplyDelete