Wednesday 12 January 2011

So I came home from school one day...

...and I realized my computer desktop was annoyingly devoid of pretty pictures. So I embarked on a jaunt to style.com and promptly died of garmentlust. Just to give you a heads-up, this post is gonna be hella long. Because I am subsumed with an insatiable need for these woven marvels. See what I did? I did the Shakespearean thing. Sorta. Not really. Whatever.

(Awkward turtle.)
These pictures are in the wrong order -- their pretty much back-to-front, and all the ones that have even a modicum of colour are D&G.
I am not really very big on ditsy little florals, but in massive tent-like clinging romantic gowns I am quite sure I can make a welcome exception.



She looks a wee bit like the goddess Diana about to murder the hunter who saw her bathing, no?
These dresses -- this whole collection particularly appeals to me (to say the absolute least) because all the models have centre-partings. I am one of the only girls in my entire grade who doesn't have a Jerry Hall do.
Also, the clinginess makes it look like they are mermaids!! Like they just climbed out of the ocean after sprouting legs!! As a reader, you ought to know that mermaids are by far the best mythical creatures in my book, along with forest nymphs. but you knew that, obviously. Not even unicorns can compete. And also, the swish factor of the weighty-looking skirt hems and the slight disarray of their hair gives an air of wildness -- like Jane in her own personal jungle.


Now for something slightly (emphasis on slightly) more urban/tame...

I think the key to what was achieved here was the shameless and wholehearted way in which the designers juxtaposed bold (garish?) colours/textures with reckless abandon. Yes. Lace and plaid.


I know all models have something nonchalant about them, but these models in particular, due no doubt to the clothes, don't seem to give a rat's posterior.


Yup! Plastic and florals!! You done good, D&G.

Dutch maid. The bag seems to almost morph into a milk bucket, oui?


I dunno, these all remind me of the song/video... the colours and general mood are fo shiz a recipe for sunlight (much needed over here).



And some 70s crochet as the crowning glory.

Here I love the blouse/pants combo; its a change from the rest of the collection and is AMAZING.

Again, getting more structured.

And the crop tops. A controversial addition to my wardrobe: I hate ones you might find in Topshop -- e.g., with idiotic sporty prints like a team number or something -- that are all baggy around the midriff (I am shuddering). However, here the florals and almost campy 70s peasant shape offer redemption in its awesomest form.

But I am actually torn: to favour minimalism or ditsy hippy camp all-out stuff (as seen above)?
I don't think I will ever be able to decide between them (or afford them).


Harking back to Greek mythology here...
And by the way, these are by all by Chloé. Bless. Thank goodness there is someone here to remind me that purity often TRUMPS ALL (in terms of fashion, at least...)



The skirt is almost balletic, while I am at all times a complete sucker for a tight, long-sleeves lycra top. GAHH (that's me being a total sucker.)

Gasp! Avert your eyes!




LEATHER



You may have guessed that I harbour a penchant for flowing, light, voluminous skirts. Suspici
on confirmed.

Also, I am a big fan of the utilitarian, throw-on-and-look-amazing vibe (yes, it is a vibe, ok? There really is no other word for it) and near-androgyny of this collection. But in case that gets a bit dry, there is always the alternative (see far above) which, God knows, I could not live without.




And finally, Comme des Garçons. Total androgyny here; what I love is the wacky, asymmetrical blazer.
Signing off now.
EC

No comments:

Post a Comment