Saturday 12 March 2011

Mind. Blown. (Colours Part 2)


Well. So ahhbviously I was blown away by the sheer genius of these clothes. I mean, what could be better than insane psychedelia printed onto clothes, which, well, 'mean business'? Nothing, I tell you. NOTHING!


Allow me to elaborate. I have always had a penchant for garments which other people may find revolting (and often -- very often -- do). Which sounds pretentious and a little weird, but it is true. I could tell that style.com didn't really like this collection from their restrained but disdainful little post on the subject. I found the article irritating and snobbish (no room for fun in Vogue! No, siree!) but that is beside the point. So, what I 'm saying is... take the rod out of your posterior, fashion-people of all rank, and take a little time to appreciate stylistic exuberance, regardless of whether or not it fits with the heritage of the fashion house.
Anyway, I have always appreciated clothes which have a heavy dose (some might say an OD) of colour. BUT. Although I cherish insanely poofy de la Renta ballgowns as much as anyone and then some, I find that, me being me, I couldn't actually wear one without feeling like a dumpy meringue. Regardless of how amazing they look on the runway. (Oh, and hey! Look above! I love how the background to the clothes actually interacts with the fashion itself. The fabric and background blend together and kinda undulate... I love it. The model looks like she's growing out of the wall.)

So this is just me putting in a little word (which won't necessarily make a difference to die-hard crini-fans) for the sleek, edgy-elegant silhouettes of these beauties (regardless of what kind of bonkers materials they consist of, see above) that make copious amounts of colour actually look TOTALLY rad.
This last is my favourite (this and the light blue one), partly because the colour of the sleeves and belt is my very favourite colour in the whole wide world. Oh, and I didn't even mention how cool the stripy obi-type belts are! You know how cool? Very very cool!
And I also like the model's expression. That is to say, get out of the range of my rage-activated laser vision and shut the hell up, unless you wanna die.
Which is oftentimes how I feel in Biology class.

EC

No comments:

Post a Comment