Monday 7 March 2011

Colours/Colors/Whateveryouwannacallem

Recently I've been seeing some awesome colors on the runway, and I don' believe I'm the only one who has had the pleasure of observing this phenomenon.
Awesome colors can even come from bastard anti-Semites, excuse my French. I think we all know who I'm talking about here.




Oh, but the peach and midnight blue chiffon! Plus, those look totally comfy. But it might not be a great idea to trust Dior, who revived the corset, in that respect. Not hugely wild about the hair and makeup here either. But Chloé here is a totally different story. (Sophisticated segué attempt.)
This is what my hair (and wardrobe, for that matter) would look like in a dream world.
Plus, I now automatically think every bleached-blonde on the runway is Andrej Pejic.
Who is epic. By the way.
I really love this shade of green; I can't think of a lot of designers who would have the guts to throw a reptilian print in the mix. But. It. Works. Oh. So. Well. Ditto with the yellow.



I know this doesn't have a lot to do with colour (ahem) but its just too fifties costumey crini-orphan to pass up. And just by coincidence, I am listening to Paint It Black at this very moment. In all seriousness.

I wanna see you painted black as night, black as coal...

A long as there is a tad bit of bright yellow snakeskin involved. Sorry, Coco Chanel.

EC

No comments:

Post a Comment